Thursday, March 28, 2013

March Fitness Update

March was an interesting month for me. It was full of travel - both for pleasure and for business. One thing I did differently was try to measure my workouts in minutes spent working out, not in times gone to the gym, because I was getting caught up in how many workouts I'd accomplished for the week and trying to get in multiple workouts a day. Longer, more rigorous workouts weren't counting for more, they were counting the same as a 20 minute stint on the elliptical. So I changed my way of thinking.

I haven't crunched the numbers yet, but I think with all of my travel, all of our plans every weekend, getting sick on my way back from San Francisco, and staying sick for over two weeks, I didn't get as many minutes (or workouts) in as I wanted to. I'm not ashamed or upset at myself for this, because I stayed on track with my weight for March, no gains, no losses, just maintaining at 197. I think if you're eating amazing food and not killing yourself at the gym, that should be the ultimate goal, right? To stay right where you are?

I did a pretty good job about not talking about my weight or size this past month, but you'll have to ask Dylan for specifics. Toward the end of the month, I started planning for a weight loss challenge with yelp. Check it out! I'm excited for the challenge, but it means really getting down to business for the next six weeks. Hopefully, by the time my April update rolls around, I'll have some real news to report in terms of weight loss! My goal for the six weeks is 12 pounds, which would mean I'd be down to 187. I don't know if that could actually happen, but I'm gunning for it.

For April, I want to lose the first five pounds (hey, the same five I wanted to lose last month!) of my challenge goal and get down to 192. I want to make my goal again to get 150 minutes of exercise a week. And I want to continue to find new and different ways to eat healthily- right now that means a giant tub of fresh strawberries and a tall glass of water for my after work snack. And hopefully, a run later on tonight!

1 comment: