Friday, September 21, 2012

Week 38

Somehow, some way, the weight is finally coming off. I've lost another 2.5 pounds since last week and that included going WAY off track with french fries, fried fish, a blue cheese burger and an amazing and crazy filling Greek dinner last night. I think (aside from the fried food last Friday), I'm finally making an effort daily (or almost daily) to make great choices with food. And since I've put myself on a crazy budget for money, I'm eating out less and eating lunch out next to not at all. Because of this, I've been bringing super healthy salads with tuna or chicken and apples to snack on. And instead of drinking coffee with half and half out every morning, I'm drinking lots more tea again. Green tea, which is supposed to help promote weight loss!

Overall, life is going so great now that this weight loss is just an added bonus. I may even reach my goal before the end of the year!

A concern I talked to my dear friend Meredith about the other night was as I am reaching my goal (less than 9 pounds away now!), I am realizing that weighing 184 pounds, having a healthy BMI for the first time in my adult life...well, it doesn't mean that I am going to be magically happy with my body at 184 pounds. I might try to keep losing weight. I might come up with a new goal. I might not be happy with my body if I someday weigh 160 pounds! I can't IMAGINE that, but I can imagine that somethings on my body would still sag and be droopy and my thighs would still look too big when I sit down, and all that kind of stuff.

What I need to focus on is all the GOOD I do for my body and all the good it does for me. That's what's important to me right now. Not starving myself into reaching my goals, but eating for health and eating to sustain my energy and working out consistently to make sure my muscles and heart stay in good shape. Sculpting a new body and getting rid of that jiggly bit under my arms...well that's secondary. And the important thing I'm also trying to keep in mind- I can buy new clothes that fit my body better, and make me look great everyday even if I don't feel like I always look great naked :)

So to wrap for today, here are the stats:


Weight- 192.8lbs
30 Min. Run- 2.60 (steady and strong at 5.0 mph - no walking! AGAIN.)
Pounds from goal- 8.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment