Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chug Chug Chug! (Like the train, not the beer chant.)

I've been nose to the grindstone lately, making an attempt to get caught up (or- gasp!- ahead) at work so I can jet off to Ireland in peace. Or at least semi-peace, knowing my coworkers won't be bombarded by BS I've had to leave behind. I'm excited about Ireland, of course, but equally stressed out about how I am going to pay all of my bills (the spreadsheet could choke a digital horse) for November and December and still make the following happen: Halloween celebrations, Steph's wedding weekend, IRELAND, Thanksgiving, Christmas...I have already slacked on some birthdays lately and though I have big dreams for making more money next year and enhancing my credit score (think bows and ribbons on a janky Charlie Brown tree enhancements,) but I don't want to count any chickens pre-hatch.

On the love end of things, I'm just adrift. I'm connecting with people- a lot of boys actually, which is new and different- and feeling a lot of great things. But I still haven't felt heart-wrenchingly, knock-the-wind-out-of-you stabbed by anything. Not since that one boy fell off the radar. That's OK. We can't feel big things everyday, or else we would all probably be a mess and never able to get work done or get to the gym. But I hope, someday, I end up with someone who makes me feel small pieces of a big things everyday. Talking with friends in long term relationships lately- healthy ones, at that- I have come to realize though I am enjoying the dating world so much, I do, in the back of my head, just want someone to cook dinner for, wash the dishes with and cuddle up with for a movie. It's fun staying out late and discovering hidden corners of the city and meeting new people and unearthing miscellaneous facts about them, but come on...a girl can only remember so many things about so many people. Or make out with a certain number of people til she starts wondering the value of half empty kisses. And I mean half empty on my part...Counting chickens may not be a good idea in this realm either, but putting eggs in one basket...as I've said before...might not be so bad. We'll have to see.

On the creative side of the world, I have been having lots of fun. I have been working on a secret project since May and it's starting to take some fun shape. I have been updating my roommate's company's website and working on monograms for a friend's wedding...creating a logo for an LA a capella group and pixelating pictures for my friend's apartment wall art project. I love that people come to me with ideas and projects, but I sometimes feel guilty that I can't do more or put more time into them. I feel like balancing these things into the equation makes for a happier Amanda, but spending more than a few hours a week on each just leads to me getting less sleep. Not good.

But this, my friends, is all for now. For it is time for lunch. And then back to work. I will write more soon and I apologize to some people who feel coughcoughrichcoughcough like I've been slacking....Love to all. Watch the leaves fall.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Glad to hear you're having fun, and enjoying life. That's what its all about after all. See you in about a week!

    ReplyDelete