Friday, July 27, 2012

Week 30

Hard to believe it's been 30 weeks since this year began. I'm a bit nostalgic for the beginning of the year. I feel even back then, things were a little simpler in my life. But it's all part of growing up, and I'm doing the best I can with everything. I actually discovered on Friday last week that I CAN, in fact, work out in the morning. Glory be! I get to the office around 7:20, drop off my laptop and grab my gym bag. I can do a run, 30 minutes of other cardio, a weight circuit, pretty much any of my standard solo workouts. I think this is a great alternative to doing these solo jobbies at lunch. And then I can save my precious lunch workouts for classes. Same with after work. Now the real kicker will be if I ever find it in myself to run in the morning and go to a class after work. We'll see if I ever get there.

More good news this week! I had a big eating weekend at home last weekend, but somehow, some way, I got back on track Sunday and by the time I stepped on the scale yesterday- BAM! Under 200 pounds for the first time...ever? I mean, I was a baby once. I know I weighed under 200 pounds. And I know in fourth grade, I weighed 132. So somewhere in there, I GOT to 200 pounds. I just never left. Even when working out 2-4 hours a day in crew. Even when running and working 2 jobs when I was 21. This is what they refer to as a BFD. I'm proud of this. I haven't reached my goal, but this has been a life goal much longer than I knew what BMI or my body fat percentage was. This is about feeling like a girl and not like a giant. This shot my self esteem up 10 points.

I know they say not to base your progress on a number on the scale, but it was a great number to see. Didn't work out last weekend, but I plan on walking NYC tomorrow, and hitting up body combat on Sunday if I can make it. And I got to the gym FOUR WHOLE TIMES this week. M/W/F at 7:30AM, and yesterday for cardio jam class at lunch. ROCKING. Happy weekend all!

Weight- 198.2lbs (18.8lbs lost since 1/4/12)
30 Min. Run- 2.51 (I got a long way to get back to where I was!)
Pounds from goal- 14.2lbs (eep!)


No comments:

Post a Comment