Friday, April 13, 2012

Birthday Ramblins

The below is just me being excited about life the past couple days, and for the next few days. It's not any sort of retrospective on birthdays in general. I'll try to work on that some time this weekend :)

I'm in a pretty great mood today. It's the start of birthday-pa-looza tonight! Dylan texted me before to ask if I was excited. I wasn't on Wednesday for some reason, but right now? Hell YEAH, I am! I'm also super excited for lunch, though, I don't know what it will be yet. Something with lots of veggies, that's for sure. I want to be hungry and raring to go at Distrito tonight. I wrote on here on Wednesday about how I was kind of out of sorts. Dylan came over, and he was kind of out of it, too. We sat, chatting for a while, then headed to dinner. Being with him makes me feel like everything in the world- all the problems, issues, big and small, are all going to work out. He's my panacea. And when being with him can't make me feel better, I know it's something I've got to work on because that means it's a big deal. Wednesday's funk wasn't such a big deal, and the making out and such definitely helped. Afterwards, we cuddled for a while, then Dylan offered to tuck me in to bed for the night. It was so sweet. I woke up early, ready and raring to go on Thursday and felt awesome.

I had a super productive morning at work yesterday. I got more done before 9AM than I did for much of the rest of the day. And that's OK sometimes! Now, today, we're already working on stuff for Monday. Yesterday, I also went for a great run. I'm up to 5.3 miles per hour for 30 minutes. I'm hoping to get up to 6.0 miles per hour. If all goes as planned, that will be in 7 weeks! I also got a new circuit from my trainer on Tuesday which I just tried out today on my own for the first time. It is really tough, especially on my legs and abs, though those bosu ball alternating arm pushups are KILLER. It feels a lot shorter than my circuit last month. I think I'm going to try to get this new circuit in at least two times a week, and then do last month's circuit once a week. I may even add in the first month's circuit once in a while, on weekends, like I have been. The first month's circuit is a plank, 60 squats, 60 situps, 30 pushups and 100 jumping jacks. It's so funny to think back on the fact that that circuit was once challenging. Now, it seems like cake.

Back to yesterday! I stayed at work until about 5:15, and then went to get a drink with Nancy and guess who was there! Brian Kempf! I was so excited to see him, and it was great to talk to him, if even for just the little time I was there. I ran to the train at 6, so I could make it home to clean. I did do some cleaning, but also made an awesome salad while I was on the phone with my mom, and worked on the blender book for Dylan. My salad was sauteed chicken sausage, ham and onions over a bed of fresh spinach and fresh carrots. It had a little hummus dressing on top, but I felt like I didn't even need the extras - nuts, cheese, olives. It was just perfect the way it was.

I think I'm making Dylan dinner on Monday night after my art class. I have onions, peppers, avocado...ooh! Maybe I'll make the cheeritos! We got the idea to make cheeseburger burritos and call them cheeritos. I think if I bought some wraps and some salsa...I have the ground beef, cheese, guacamole, avocado. Maybe I'll buy some sliced cheese as well. Ooh, maybe it would be good with some pickles! Or ketchup and mustard! Now we're thinking outside the box. I wonder what I could make to go with it. Maybe a salad. Always a salad. It would be really good with french fries, but I have a weigh in on Thursday to think about! Either way, I'll have to remember to take the ground beef out of the freezer in the next day or so. I think I have breadcrumbs, and I know have an egg to make the burger patties. Maybe I should get some kind of spice as well...The exciting thing is that after I make this dinner on Monday night, it becomes my actual birthday! And I have the whole day off. I'm going to sleep until 9, watch movies all morning, shower and get ready, have lunch, and then go to Longwood Gardens for the day!

What a rambley lovey pile of words! Yay life!

No comments:

Post a Comment