Sunday, April 22, 2012

Photoshoot Phun - Pics to Phollow

Good afternoon, Sunday! And yes, I just got up :) I went to bed last night at around 2AM, and Dylan got up at 10 to start homework. I was pretty sure I could get up when he did and start reading or doing my 750 words, or whatever it is I wanted to do, but then I thought, "Hey, it's Sunday! Why not go back to sleep?" AND I DID. Until about 20 minutes ago at noon. I'd definitely say that sleeping in is one of my greatest luxuries on this planet. That, and eating really good food. And, you know, being in love. That feels like a luxury sometimes.

But the sleep was nice. After waking up so early yesterday, drinking a cafe mocha with four shots of espresso and then drinking a Worx energy drink before meeting up with Jess and Marie, I was kind of strung out. Then, we had our photo shoot and ended up out at dinner until after ten o'clock! Then, Dylan and I came back and took a look at his database and then watched television until after midnight and THEN I read and he watched TV until even later. It was a long, long day. But a great day.

The photoshoot was a lot of fun! I was a little nervous about it. I was worried I wouldn't look good in the outfit I was given to wear. I was worried that the woman we were going to see wouldn't be good at doing hair or makeup. I was worried a little bit about all these things. But all my fears were put aside. We first got there without Marie, and Jess and I went up to check out the wardrobe room. Jacqui picked out a pink checkered corset with boning for me, along with a leopard print pencil skirt. I wasn't sure about the patterns going together, but she said she loved mixing and matching, so I was ready to be on board.

After we picked out our clothes, we went down to her hair dressing room and we started hair and make up. I was first! She started on my hair first, curling and hair spraying section after section until I had what Jess and I have dubbed "doll hair." Then she started on my makeup. Between the soft browns she used, the lovely blush, the thick liquid black liner and the fake eyelashes, I said I looked like a Disney princess! Jess said I had doe eyes! I looked so adorable, I must admit!

Marie arrived while I was getting my hair done, and I have to say (we discussed this at the Olive Garden later that night) that my favorite part of the day was just sitting in the hair dressing room and talking and talking with each other, and with Jacqui, about anything and everything. It was just great to be hanging out for a few hours, chatting, with no where to go and nothing to do except get pretty looking. Such a joy. It really made me remember how fun it is to hang out with Marie and Jess and I had such a good time!

Jess got her hair and makeup done next, and then it was Marie's turn. We all got dressed, as we were going, finishing with Marie putting on her adorable teddy and heels. I was laced super tightly into my corset. I felt like I didn't look any smaller than usual, but it did really, really define my waist big time, which was kind of cool. I thought the pencil skirt was really flattering on me too, and although I originally wanted to show more leg, I was really happy with how the outfit turned out. And of course, I loved how I looked in the heels, even though I hardly ever wear them out!

Then, we proceeded to the studio to get our pictures taken after hours of getting ready! Marie put on some music with her iphone and speakers (Marie, who also had provided the vodka cranberry and alcoholic whipped cream), and we got to work! I went first. Jacqui had me posing on a stool, down on the floor on my knees, laying down, and sitting with my back to her, turning my head back. She was really helpful about coaching me on how to look and what to do! After I was done posing, she had Jess and Marie get in the shots with me, so I could get changed after. I can't wait to see the pictures when they're done- of me, of them, of all of us! I'm so excited!

It was such a great experience, and a fun thing to do with just the girls. I'll definitely blog some of the photos when I get them. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment